Craig is recently retired from his primary practice as a litigator and now serves the clients of ABB as “counsel” to the law firm and in the areas of Wills, Estate Planning, and Corporate Law.
Craig has more than 35 years of experience helping his clients settle or litigate disputes involving:
- construction defects – including Tarion disputes, acting for builders, buyers and guarantors;
- real estate transactions- including title problems, defects, aborted closings, and title insurance issues;
- will challenges, abuse of powers of attorney and conflicts between executor and beneficiaries;
- corporate and commercial situations (including contracts, collections, partner and shareholder disputes, commercial landlord and tenant issues); and,
- mortgage enforcement.
Craig is continuing on a part-time basis his long time practice in the preparation of wills, powers of attorney and estate planning, helping clients prepare appropriate wills and powers of attorney in complex business and family situations to ensure proper succession planning.
Craig has also assisted many entrepreneurs with their succession planning both personally for private businesses.
Craig is assisted on estate and corporate matters by Rhea Cheng.
A graduate of the Faculty of Law at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Craig has been practicing law in Ottawa since he was called to the bar in 1982.
A proud resident of Orléans and Ottawa, Craig is an active member of the Ottawa business community and a number of local charities. Craig is currently a director of the Ottawa International Airport Authority and a director of the Ottawa Board of Trade. In the past he has served as president of the Orléans Chamber of Commerce, a member of the Habitat for Humanity GO Law Build committee, a member of a number of committees for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – Ottawa Chapter and chair of 100 Men Who Care Ottawa.
Field of Practice
- Business Law
- Wills, Estate Administration, and Powers of Attorney
- Rhea Cheng
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ext. 113
- Tel: 613-569-9500 Ext. 117
- Email: email@example.com