If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, it can be a challenging and potentially life-changing experience. Our team of professionals work with you to ensure you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled. We are knowledgeable in the interplay between government benefits, benefits from your own insurance company, and those claims where you can sue another party for the harm caused to you. Our lawyers have helped clients in the following ways:
- Ensured clients who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident receive all benefits available to them from their own insurance companies;
- Pursue claims against the drivers of motor vehicles that caused our clients’ injuries;
- Assisted the families of persons killed in motor vehicle and other accidents obtain compensation for their losses;
- Negotiated settlements and pursued claims for clients injured in “slip & fall” and other injury cases;
- Sued insurance companies wrongfully refusing to pay long-term or short-term disability benefits;
- Assisted clients in obtaining Canada Pension Plan long-term disability benefits;
- Pursued the wrongful denial of Ontario Disability Support Program claims;
- Assisted clients in obtaining benefits denied them by the Workplace Safety & Insurance Board
Depending on the nature of your injuries, more than one of these categories may apply to you. Sometimes benefits from one provider are reduced once benefits from a separate provider are paid. We can advise when these situations may occur to ensure that money isn’t “clawed back” from you months if not years after benefits have been paid.
Our lawyers and knowledgeable staff will help you obtain all the compensation to which you are entitled. While our goal is to obtain compensation as quickly as possible, we have taken cases all the way to trial if necessary to ensure that our clients’ needs are met.
If you have been injured and would like to speak to a lawyer, please call us at (613) 569-9500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We are willing to meet with clients for a free 30-minute consultation to determine what sort of a claim you may have and discuss possible solutions.