“Estate Litigation” refers to a wide variety of legal disputes that can arise in connection with the management of a person’s property and estate, both before and after death. The lawyers at Augustine Bater Binks have many years of experience in handling and resolving many of these cases including:
- Will challenges, including whether a testator had the capacity to prepare a will
- Disputes over the appointment or removal of an Estate Trustee
- Complaints by beneficiaries about the administration of an Estate and distribution of the money and other assets
- Complaints by family members or others about the use or misuse of a power of attorney
- Care Decisions
- Competing powers of attorneys
- Demands for a proper accounting of Estate assets or distributions
- Complaints and disputes over Compensation (fees) for executors and power of attorneys
- Elder Financial Abuse
- Elder Capacity Issues
- Dependent Relief Claims
- Passing of Accounts
Augustine Bater Binks has acted for both persons challenging estate administrations and the Estate Trustees. We have acted promptly to ensure that estate assets aren’t being depleted, including having a new Trustee appointed by the Court to ensure that the Estate is properly administrated. Our lawyers recognize the profound economic and emotional significance of getting such disputes fairly settled as quickly as reasonably possible. Our goal is to work with you as our client, together, to develop a strategy plan and to make sound decisions so that you can achieve such a resolution while ensuring that your legal interests are preserved and protected.
Over the years, Craig M. Bater, and partners Philip W. Augustine and Mary Jane Binks, Q.C. have had success in resolving numerous estate litigation disputes for clients in the Ottawa area. Their extensive experience is complimented by the assistance of associate lawyer Alison G. Southern as well as knowledgeable legal assistants.
Whether you are a testator, beneficiary, dependent, estate trustee, attorney under a power of attorney, an interested family member or someone with any proper interest in someone’s estate or care, the lawyers at Augustine Bater Binks can assist you and give you the advice, guidance and representation you need in these kind of legal issues.