Craig is primarily a litigator, working with spirited determination to protect the interests of his clients. Craig has more than 30 years of experience helping his clients settle or litigate disputes involving:
- construction defects – including Tarion disputes for builders, buyers and guarantors;
- real estate transactions- including title problems, defects, aborted closings, and title insurance issues;
- will challenges, abuse of powers of attorney and conflicts between executor and beneficiaries;
- corporate and commercial situations (including contracts, collections, partner and shareholder disputes, commercial landlord and tenant issues); and,
- mortgage enforcement.
In addition to litigation matters, Craig also has extensive knowledge and experience in the preparation of wills, powers of attorney and estate planning, helping clients prepare appropriate wills and powers of attorney in complex business and family situations to ensure proper succession planning. Craig has also helped many clients with the administration of challenging or unusual estates for loved ones or even reluctant administrators trying to deal with the death of distant relatives.
Craig has also assisted many entrepreneurs with their succession planning for a business.
Craig is assisted on litigation matters by Jocelyne Cusson and on estate and corporate matters by Rhea Cheng.
A graduate of the Faculty of Law at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Craig has been practicing law in Ottawa since he was called to the bar in 1982. He has presented many papers on real estate disputes and construction disputes to lawyers in Ontario. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the County of Carleton Law Association and the Canadian Bar Association.
A proud resident of Orléans and Ottawa, Craig is an active member of the Ottawa business community. Craig is currently a director of the Ottawa International Airport Authority, past president of the Orléans Chamber of Commerce and a past Director of the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. Craig is currently Chair of 100 Men Who Care Ottawa.
Field of Practice
- Construction Law
- Estate Litigation
- Business Law
- Wills, Estate Administration, and Powers of Attorney
- Jocelyne Cusson
- Email: email@example.com
- Ext. 114
- Tel: 613-569-9500 Ext. 117